Yoga is a powerhouse that when practiced regularly keeps you fit and healthy. The western world is embracing Yoga like never before and if you are inclined to make this accessible to everyone, this is the opportune time for it. If you are a Yoga guru you have this wonderful opportunity of spreading a healthy way of life and also monetizing it. You can also partner with renowned Yoga gurus and together look for opportunities in this network.
If you are wondering why we are stressing on Yoga apps, we will let you know some mind-boggling search statistics about the Yoga meditation apps.
Yoga-related Search Statistics:
- The number of people practicing Yoga in the U.S has jumped from 18 million in 2008 to around 55 million in 2020.
- The revenue earned through Yoga is expected to reach 11.6 billion U.S dollars in 2020.
- The searches for Yoga and meditation apps grew by a whopping 65% in the US
- The search for fitness-related clothing and shoes have grown over 135%
- The most searched keywords related to Yoga apps are “yoga for beginners app” and “mindfulness apps”.
Why invest in a Yoga app?
Let us now have a closer look at what the stats speak and why investing in a Yoga mediation app makes sense.
- In the US alone, there is surging popularity for Yoga sessions and most of the people prefer to do Yoga from their homes. Many are willing to take personalized classes for the same.
- The mindfulness app “Calm” earns revenues worth 2 million U.S dollars in global app revenues.
- In the US, a person interested in Yoga is willing to spend $40 on a one-time unique Yoga experience.
- More than 6% of the people are ready to spend $100 on personalized Yoga sessions.
- On average, a person involved in practicing Yoga spends $90 per month on classes, accessories and workshop attendance.
- 24% of people opt for a guided video Yoga session on an app.
- 47% of the people would prefer classes by a teacher to maintain a wellness routine
- 67% of the surveyed people practice Yoga at home
- 37% of the respondents are new to Yoga and 27% opt for beginner levels.
- 20% of the people prefer experimental forms of Yoga like laughter Yoga, 5 minute Yoga, or an aerial Yoga.
A Yoga app, when effectively designed, can attract millions of downloads provided you offer customers with exhaustive Yoga resources like videos, blogs, and expert Yoga guru guidance through live sessions.
What are the must-have features in a Yoga app?
1. Sign in/Sign up
Most of the Yoga apps will have a free registration process. The sign up is through email, mobile number or social logins like Google, Facebook. The bulk of the Android Yoga apps make money through in-app subscriptions and ads.
2. Subscription Plans
The subscription plans can be based on the type of Yoga, duration or experience level. The beginner Yoga, expert-level Yoga, advanced level Yoga helps viewers choose their plans. Then users can opt for monthly plans or pay an annual subscription fee. Also, you can offer a one-time plan that includes a mix of videos, music and access to live sessions. You can also offer the users personalized plans based on their goals. It is always advisable to provide greater flexibility in the subscription plans for your Yoga app success.
3. Yoga Sessions
Under this, the Yoga gurus teach Yoga poses so that the subscribers can practice it properly. Personalized Yoga sessions include a combination of Yoga videos, online consultation through chats and videos and live sessions so that the teachers can guide their students to perform Yoga.
4. Live Yoga Sessions
Live Yoga sessions from teachers or guest Yoga gurus help you get increased customer engagement. The 5-min Yoga apps or the 30-minute Yoga apps are gaining popularity since many have time constraints. A quick live-yoga session gives users the benefit of having performed Yoga in less time.
5. Yoga Videos
Some of the videos can be provided for free viewing to registered users. Give importance to create good quality videos so that its viewers are enticed to sign up for regular sessions. Many of the popular Yoga apps have more than 10,000+ videos for the users so that they never fall short of resources to practice. Also, depending upon the subscription plans, the users can download the videos and watch them at their will.
6. Voice Instruction
This feature is for those users that prefer only audio instruction while practicing Yoga. The audio will guide users to perfect their postures and breathing techniques while practicing Yoga. The guided Yoga app is gaining popularity and is preferred by beginners.
The Yoga apparel and Yoga mats are in-demand and you can earn a handsome profit by selling the Yoga accessories. Also, you can sell Yoga CDs and books through the stores. See to it that the payment gateway is easy and hassle-free. Also, add the shipment tracking feature for the ordered products.
8. Yoga Music
People need to listen to some soulful music while doing Yoga. You can collaborate with musicians and provide music streaming feature in the app.
9. Yoga Blogs
The blog section will be a mix of topics related to Yoga like healthy eating, benefits of Yoga, meditation etc. You can invite guest bloggers like doctors, health experts, nutritionists, mediation experts and other Yoga practitioners to increase user engagement.
10. Community Platform
This is basically for users to chat and share information. Also, it connects the teachers with users for expert guidance and suggestions.
The Yoga app will basically have an admin panel, user panel and teacher panel (if you have partnered with other Yoga gurus). Let us take a brief introduction to all these.
1. User Panel-
The user panel is what connects the user with the app. It allows the user to manage their profile and Yoga subscriptions including the Yoga store purchases.
Any user will be guided to the registration process to enroll in the subscription plans.
Once enrolled, they will have their personal dashboard wherein they can manage their profile.
It displays the plan purchased and its details like classes attended & remaining, Yoga teacher, and so on.
Yoga app profile also includes personal height, weight, and fitness details like Yoga time, calorie count, workout history as per the calendar dates and many such unique features.
Users can track their ordered items and view purchased history.
2. Teacher Panel-
The teacher panel is for the individual Yoga teachers to manage their profile and sessions. If admin gives them the rights, they can even upload videos and blogs from their dashboard.
The teacher registers in the app and enters all the required details.
In profile management, a teacher will update their qualification and experience. The user ratings and reviews for the teacher will be displayed on their profile. Under the profile management, a teacher can schedule and keep track of their sessions. This will include a display of their daily/monthly sessions, canceling classes, substituting teachers, calendar management, upload videos, launch live videos and many other features. They can take up sessions based on their availability. Another important feature in their profile would be payment management.
3. Admin Panel-
The admin panel will be a detailed dashboard that lets them control and manage every aspect including the teacher panel and the user panel.
Let us see the admin panel features:
- The admin can add, substitute, remove teachers, manage the payment details for each teacher and schedule sessions for teachers.
- The admin will be able to manage payment like keep track of the user subscriptions, Yoga store payments and teacher payments.
- The admin can manage inventory, shipping and transactions in the Yoga store.
- The admin can manage video, music and blog uploads and assign editing rights to teachers too.
- Session management like scheduling session dates, time, or deleting them can be done by the admin.
- The admin dashboard allows for adding and modifying Yoga courses or categories.
- The admin dashboard contains the real-time report of app visits, page clicks, payments, video views and so on.
Reminders--> Give users the option to set reminders to adjust the posture, manage breaths, drink water or practice Yoga.
Customization--> Viewers can be given the option of picking Yoga sessions based on the focus of a body part, speed of Yoga, instructor, type of Yoga, and so on.
Push Notifications--> This helps you to update the viewers of any special live sessions, updated videos, music or new product launches.
Ratings & Reviews--> Ratings & reviews for subscription courses, teachers, and videos help users to select the right resources. Also, it helps the app owners to know what tweaking is required to make the app and the programs better.
Create Mix--> Users are given the option to select their sessions based on their needs, timings and speed.
If you are targeting the US market, an iOS Yoga app is necessary. The Android Yoga apps are not far behind as they target their customers through advertisements and other monetization strategies. You can also try with a cross-platform MVP to begin with and launch a native mobile app when you are completely satisfied with its functioning.
A Yoga app designed perfectly and having the right resourceful content and features in it is a great way to spread a positive way of healthy life and also earn from it through increased downloads. Do you intend to spread this positivity? Do you see the potential of earning income through it? Contact us today. We will design the best iOS Yoga app and Android Yoga app for you.